Due to a recent expansion and huge on site investment a leading manufacturer in Selby is seeking a project engineer to assist with all manner of onsite projects, site improvements and installations.
Here are a few key points about the position:
- Coordinate the implementation of plant, equipment installation and modification ensuring minimal production impact.
- Assist engineering team to develop, update and monitor efficient system procedures, methods, and specifications to aid the smooth running of the department and the plant.
- Actively anticipate/identify production related problems and plan remedial actions
- Update and monitor efficient systems procedures, methods, and specifications to aid the smooth running of the department and the plant.
- Manage projects, including developing assignments, schedules, project plans, estimation of cost, coordination of vendors, and managing the execution of projects from conception through start up and commissioning.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the necessary resources within the plant (plant management and supervisory personnel through all departments) to ensure the safe, timely and successful completion of projects.
- Participate in the design of plant and equipment taking into account health and safety, production and environmental constrains.
- Act as point of contact for various site related projects issues, be an effective stakeholder managing and building relationships, required to facilitate and chair meetings
- Support the implementation of a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) of all repairs, servicing, and modifications to equipment.
In order to be successful in this role you will need the following skills & experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience in production/process-oriented environments.
- Good understanding of manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while addressing various other production equipment and system issues.
- Willingness to explore various opportunities of the role, keen to manage an array of small projects, tasks and resources as needed
- Knowledge of CDM, DSEAR (Atex), PED, Risk assessment and method statements would be advantageous.
This role may also be suitable for a less experienced individual assuming they have the necessary education/ industry experience. For this position the salary will be circa 35k.
If you want a secure opportunity within an industry leader who really do look after their staff and offer tonnes of development opportunities then don’t delay and apply today. Please contact Danny at Odin Engineering.