Due to a recent expansion and huge on site investment a leading manufacturer in Selby is seeking an Automation & Controls Engineer to assist with all manner of on site automation maintenance and projects.
Here are a few key points about the position:
- Diagnose and remedy faults during production
- Performing planned and predictive maintenance
- Design electrical, instrumentation and control systems as required
- Implementation, testing and installation of control systems
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the company
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of the site’s equipment and maintenance
- Development and maintenance of PLC (Siemens) and SCADA (Wonderware) systems
- Operate and undertake duties in line with relevant legislation, policy, and procedure
- Collaborate with other department to implement upgrades and new installations
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation and records
- Preplanning of required parts and resources for implementation
- Optimum utilisation of resources
- Ensure all tasks are conducted to health and safety requirements
- Support the maintenance team when required
- Undertake other duties as reasonable requested
In order to be successful in this role you will need the following skills & experience:
Time served electrical engineer or equivalent
Proven experience of PLC and SCADA integration experience, preferably Siemens S7-300/S7-1500 (Step 7, TIA & STL programming) PLC and Wonderware SCADA systems gained within a manufacturing environment
AVEVA ArchestrA SCADE development programming knowledge
Ability to develop PLC code and SCADA.
Knowledge of PLC Fault Finding, IO Testing and FAT/SAT commissioning.
If you want a secure opportunity within an industry leader who really do look after their staff and offer tonnes of development opportunities then don’t delay and apply today. Please contact Danny at Odin Engineering.